Under the rhetoric of “protecting citizens”; governments, international bodies, and the corporate sector are rapidly intensifying security, surveillance and anti-terror regimes at the national and global levels.
In light of the next SPP Summit in New Orleans in April 2008, join us for a free public forum including SHORT FILMS and SPEAKERS to find out about these developments and what you can do to challenge this expanding industrial-complex.
Sunday April 27 at 6 pm. YWCA (733 Beatty Street, corner W. Georgia). 1 block from Stadium Skyrain Station
Did you know that:
- In Canada, over $25 billion has been spent on security measures since 9/11?
- There are currently over 50 US employees and agents including from Homeland Security and FBI stationed in Vancouver?
- As part of the Security and Prosperity Partnership Agreement, a series of joint military exercises will be held in advance of the 2010 Olympics?
- A future world wide “Smart Cards” system is being tested on the Mohawk and Cree communities?
- A $ 3.2 million maximum security prison “Guantanamo North” was built in Ontario to detain Muslim detainees on secret evidence?
- Canada and Israel recently signed a pact to coordinate security and anti-terror activities?
- There is a well-coordinated and growing network of global surveillance that has become one of the most lucrative global markets?
Organized by No One is Illegal-Vancouver.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778 885 0040